Golden Tide Releases Preliminary Fall schedule, announce more player signingsBy Chris June 21, 2021 02:45pm
Victoria Mariners product Dylan Graw (above) is one of five new player signings announced by the CCBC Victoria Golden Tide today (Photo: Christian J. Stewart)
For Immediate Release
Monday, June 21, 2021
Victoria, BC – The Victoria Golden Tide, the most recent entry in the Canadian Collegiate Baseball Conference (CCBC), is preparing for their debut in the 2021-2022 CCBC season and today has announced a preliminary schedule of games, with many home games to be played at Wilson’s Group Stadium at Royal Athletic Park in Victoria.
While there are a few more games to be scheduled and start times to be finalized, the preliminary schedule is as follows:
- Sept 11 @ Victoria Mariners, Layritz Park, Victoria (~12:00 Noon) (Double-header)
- Sept 12 @ Vancouver Island University, Serauxmen Stadium, Nanaimo (~1:00 PM)
- Sept 17 vs Thompson Rivers University, Wilson’s Group Stadium (6:00 PM)
- Sept 18 @ UBC (Time TBA)
- Sept 19 vs VIU, Vancouver Island University Wilson’s Group Stadium (1:00 PM) (Double-header)
- Sept 25 vs Fraser Valley University, Wilson’s Group Stadium (1:00 PM) (Double-header)
- Sept 26 @ Douglas College
- Oct 2 @ TRU
- Oct 3 @ TRU
- Oct 8-11 Tournament TBD
- Oct 16 vs VI Prep, Wilson’s Group Stadium (1:00 PM) (Double-header)
- Oct 17 vs UBC, Wilson’s Group Stadium (1:00 PM) (Double-header)
- Oct 23/24 TBD, Wilson’s Group Stadium (1:00 PM) (Double-header)
- Oct 26-31 Intersquad Games Wilson’s Group Stadium (Times TBA)
The Golden Tide also announced today, five more players for their 2021-2022 roster:
Brady Wilson – A 5’7″, 175lb. right-handed pitcher from Calgary, Alberta who previously attended Taft Community College in California.
Ethan Dean – A 6’ 1” 165lb. left-handed pitcher, currently playing for the Parksville Royals of the BC Premier Baseball League.
Dylan Graw – A 6’0″ 180lb. infielder from Victoria, British Columbia, currently playing for the Victoria Mariners of the BC Premier Baseball League.
Jaxson Cordle – A left-handed hitting first baseman and outfielder from Victoria, British Columbia
Davis Jack – A 6’0″ 193lb. left-handed hitting catcher from Okotoks, Alberta who attended the Okotoks Dawgs Baseball Academy.
The Canadian college baseball conference, is an eight-team domestic league for university students that in addition to Victoria, has teams in Nanaimo (Vancouver Island University), Kelowna (Okanagan College), Kamloops (Thompson Rivers University), Chilliwack/Abbotsford (University of the Fraser Valley), Calgary (University of Calgary), Lethbridge (Prairie Baseball Academy) and Edmonton (Edmonton Collegiate Baseball Club).
The league has suspended play for the 2020-2021 campaign due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, but is anticipated to be back to a full season of play for 2021-2022 and the Golden Tide will be ready to compete for the CCBC title.
For more details on the Victoria Golden Tide, please contact Curtis Pelletier, Head Coach/Director Victoria GoldenTide at info@goldentidebaseball.