VICTORIA HARBOURCATS TICKET POLICIES
2022 SCHEDULE and TICKET EXCHANGE UPDATE – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
The 2022 Schedule has now been released! VIEW HERE
SINGLE GAME TICKETS FOR THE 2022 SEASON ARE NOW ON SALE!
Purchase on-line at www.harbourcats.com/tickets
Fans With Unused 2020 or 2021 Single Game Tickets or 2020-2022 ticket vouchers
Any fans with 2020/2021 unused game tickets or 2020-2022 ticket vouchers may NOW redeem these vouchers for 2022 game tickets.
Please visit the HarbourCats office at 101-1814 Vancouver Street to make this exchange! We are open 9AM to 5PM Monday thru Friday.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR FANS WHO HAVE EXISTING 2020 and 2021 TICKETS OR 2020, 2021 and 2022 VOUCHERS / FLEX-PACKS FOR EXCHANGE ONLY!
Please note, if you booked your 2020 or 2021 tickets on-line with Select Your Tickets and received e-mailed PDF tickets, you may call them directly at 250-220-7777 to make the exchange and do not need to come into the HarbourCats office to do this.
2020/2021 actual GAME tickets MUST be exchanged at the HarbourCats office, ideally prior to the start of our 2022 season. Such tickets will NOT be accepted at the stadium box office windows on 2022 game days.
For ticket voucher / flex-packs exchanges, while we would prefer all exchanges happen at the office and prior to the start of the season, we WILL accept ticket vouchers for exchange at the box office windows on 2022 game days, but, note, as we expect this to be a busy season of HarbourCats baseball, tickets for specific sections will be subject to availability on those days.
If you do not have vouchers and want to take advantage of the early exchange opportunities for 10-game flex pack holders noted above, you CAN purchase new or additional 2022 10-game flex packs at any time. These can be purchased at the HarbourCats office, or on-line at https://victoria-harbourcats-official.myshopify.com/products/10-game-flex-pack-general-admission
PURCHASING 2022 INDIVIDUAL GAME TICKETS
2022 single-game tickets are now on sale. These are available at the office, or on-line via Select Your Tickets at https://harbourcats.com/tickets.
SEASON TICKET HOLDERS
If you are a FULL season ticket holder and you have paid in full for your seats prior to the 2020 or 2021 seasons, or have recently purchased seats for the 2022 season, there is no need for you to do anything at this time. Your seats are held for 2022, your payment has been applied and your tickets will be ready for pick-up sometime in Mid-May. Should you wish to upgrade your seats or add seats, or if you do not have season tickets and would to purchase them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 778-265-0327.
Should you have any questions at all on any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact Christian Stewart, Assistant GM of Ticketing and Media at 778-265-0327, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
UPPER DECK BUS and THIRD BASE PARTY DECK GROUP BOOKINGS: Any groups or individuals who have reserved space on our group platforms – the Wilson’s Group Upper Deck Experience, or the Strathcona Rooftop Third Base Party Deck – in 2020 and 2021, will once again have that deposit rolled over to the 2022 season and we will work with you to find a suitable replacement date for your group.
50-50 GAME TICKET HOLDERS (PAID or DONATED): Any groups or individuals who have booked a 50-50 date for 2020 and have paid for and received replacement vouchers to sell, should note that those vouchers will now be redeemable for any game in 2022 and anyone who purchased vouchers should start to exchange them as per the procedures noted above. We will work with your organization to find a suitable date in 2022 to come in a sell 50-50 tickets at a game.
If your group had paid for a date, but did not receive vouchers, we will contact you to arrange tickets for a specific game and a date in 2022 to come in and sell 50-50 tickets at the park.
NOTE: In the event your group has already sold individual tickets to friends, family, etc. you do not need to collect those tickets back. Simply advise the purchaser to hold on to it and that they may exchange that ticket for any regular season game in the 2022 season as per the procedures above.
HARBOURCATS TICKETS GENERAL INFORMATON
2022 GATE INFORMATION
Gates open ONE HOUR prior to game time, except for Home Opener, and Fireworks Nights when gates will open ONE AND A HALF (1.5) HOURS prior to game time.
Regular weekday and weekend evening games begin at 6:35 pm. Regular Sunday and weekday matinee games begin at 1:00 pm, the lone exception being an 11:00 AM start for a game in June for our annual School Spirit Game.
WILSON’S GROUP STADIUM GATE POLICIES
No outside food and beverage, including alcoholic beverages, may be brought into the park. Bottled water is not sold in the park. Guests may bring a refillable water bottle into the stadium, but it MUST be empty when entering the stadium. A refilling station is located behind the home plate grandstand. No air horns or laser pointers are permitted. All guests will be subject to search upon entry to ensure compliance.
Alcohol is not permitted in Section 3 of the General Admission seating area in the Soccer Grandstand down the right field line. Fans who absolutely do not wish to be seated in sections that allow alcohol consumption should purchase General Admission tickets for the game and head to that area. That being said, issues of over-consumption and one fan, or a group of fans, disturbing another’s enjoyment of the game because of that, have been very rare. Should this happen, we simply ask that you bring the issue to the attention of one of our staff, or security and we will gladly look to re-locate your party, or else deal with the offending individual or group in an appropriate manner.
The Victoria HarbourCats are pleased to be able to provide top-level baseball and family-community entertainment at baseball games and other related events.
1. This is a family event, inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated, and anyone found to be in possession of outside alcohol, drugs or other materials will be removed from the facility. HarbourCats management and City of Victoria staff reserve the right to revoke a ticket at any time, without right of refund or exchange.
2. Wilson’s Group Stadium is a SMOKE FREE, VAPE FREE and CANNABIS FREE facility. Smoking of any type of tobbacco, marijuana or vaping product is not allowed within the confines of the stadium. Fans may receive a hand stamp to proceed outside of the stadium to smoke if they desire – within any distance from gate bylaws – and with the stamp, will be allowed back into the stadium.
3. It is ALWAYS recommended to get your seats early so as not to be disappointed that your favourite seats are not available.
4. All entrants require a ticket to enter the facility for games or related events.
5. All ticket sales are final, no cash refunds. Rain can happen, and we have an exchange policy for unused tickets – both of those are explained below.
6. All tickets come with the following price breakdown – base price, City improvement fee ($0.50/ticket), Select Your Ticket service fees (which vary, depending on purchase being on-line, in-person, or by phone), and GST. Like any business, taxes and service fees are a part of commerce and living in this great country.
7. Season ticket holders receive benefits such as first option of purchasing playoff tickets, the ability to purchase additional tickets, discounts as announced, and other perks.
8. 10-pack purchases grant holder vouchers to use for seats that are AVAILABLE to game of choice, giving flexibility. Note that on expected busier nights, such as opening night, fireworks, Canada Day and other feature games, the HarbourCats may sell out of premium seats. Subject to availability.
9. We are pleased to offer $1 off our regular ticket prices to seniors (60+) and to kids (12 and under) on-line, in the office, at the gate, or in phone orders. Children 2 years of age or younger (i.e. up to the age of 3) do not require a ticketed seat as long as they can sit comfortably in an adult’s lap. Children 3 and over will require a ticketed seat.
10. Ticket holders agree to sit in their designated seats only. General admission ticket holders, please do not take up premium seats, which people have paid a premium price to have for their enjoyment.
While we have had only 2 games postponed in 6 years due to rain, it can happen.
In the event a game does not make the rules requirement to be an official completed game (5 innings, or 4 ½ innings if the home team is winning) due to weather issues beyond the club’s control, the ticket bearer may exchange that ticket for a future regular season game of choice. The ticket will be of equal or lesser value and subject to availability. Under no circumstances will a refund be given.
Such exchanges will take place in the case of a rain-out or cancellation due to weather. Rain delays, where the game is eventually completed, do not qualify. Rain delays are not uncommon in baseball, and they can at times be lengthy and be more than one in a game.
In the event a weather occurrence happens late in the season, the HarbourCats will announce a way that tickets can be redeemed – future tickets, merchandise, or other plans, and those announcements will determine the exchange.
All rain check tickets MUST be exchanged for a future game at the HarbourCats offices in advance of that game. Rain check requests made at the BOX Office on game days will not be honoured. The original ticket stub, or Print Your Own Ticket will be required to process the exchange. Rain check requests cannot be mailed in or be handled over the phone.
Rain Policy Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do I do if it is raining before the game?
A: If it is raining before the start of a game, our Grounds Crew has been hard at work protecting the field against the elements. This being the case, if the rain stops before the scheduled game start time, the game will continue as planned. If the rain continues into the scheduled game time, team management will invoke a rain delay. We will update the front of our website to keep you informed as to the status of that day’s game. Our field is outstanding at fending off concerns about too much moisture.
Q: What do I do if it begins to rain during the game?
A: If it begins to rain during the game, our Grounds Crew will quickly place a large tarp across the infield. At this time, our staff will work with the umpires, along with local weather outlets, to ascertain the immediate weather outlook. If the teams feel that the inclement weather will pass, a rain delay is put into effect. If it is determined that the inclement weather will not pass in a reasonable amount of time, an official rainout is declared. We will update the front of our website to keep you informed as to the status of that day’s game.
If a rainout is declared after four and a half innings of baseball have been played, a game is considered “official.” In this case, there will be no ticket exchanges.
Under no circumstance will:
**Past season unused tickets be able to be exchanged for a future-season game ticket (other than 2020 or 2021 tickets which can now be exchanged for a game in 2022)
**Regular season tickets be allowed to be exchanged for a playoff ticket
**Lower-tier tickets be able to be exchanged, without an upgrade fee, for higher-level seating
Tickets ordered on-line or by phone for the WILL CALL window, which go unclaimed, will not be eligible for future exchange.
No Ticket Wasted Policy – SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ONLY
Season Ticket Holders (only) may exchange their unused tickets at any time for tickets to another game, as designated below (subject to availability). This exchange MUST be done by the owner of the season tickets and done in person at the HarbourCats offices so that we can verify that the tickets were not previously used. In 2022, any unused tickets can be exchanged for ANY remaining 2o22 regular season game (subject to availability)
Initial offering of playoff packages will be made to season ticket holders, and will be in multi-game packs. Season ticket holders will also hold the benefit of purchasing additional seats before they become available to the general public.
Following season ticket holder time-frame on tickets, multi-game packs will be made available to the general public. After that period, single-game seats will then go on sale to the general public
In the case where a purchased playoff game DOES NOT take place (due to series ending early), the following process is in place for redemption on those unused tickets:
1. Credit applied against next-year season ticket, until Sept. 30 of current year
2. Credit applied against next-year 10-pack, until Sept. 30 of current year
3. Applied against merchandise purchase, until Dec. 31 of current year
4. Applied against opening day ticket for following year, until Dec. 31 of current year