Edwards Family Training Facility
1821 Cook St, Victoria, BC
At the heart of baseball development in Victoria, BC, stands the Edwards Family Training Facility. Proudly operated by the Victoria HarbourCats in collaboration with our partners from the Canadian College Baseball Conference (CCBC) team, the Victoria Golden Tide. Our shared vision is clear: to be the epicenter of all things baseball in Victoria, BC, and to provide a hub for excellence in baseball instruction and player development.
At the Edwards Family Training Facility, our mission is simple yet profound—to foster the growth of baseball in our community by offering top-quality coaching, skill development, and resources to local ball associations. We believe that by nurturing the passion for baseball in our youth, we're not only building better athletes but also instilling valuable life skills such as teamwork, discipline, and perseverance.
What Sets Us Apart
Expert Coaching: Our team of experienced coaches is dedicated to helping players of all skill levels reach their full potential. We believe in the power of professional coaching to unlock each player's unique talents.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: The Edwards Family Training Facility boasts cutting-edge equipment, including Hittrax © and Rapsodo. Our indoor training spaces ensure that athletes have access to the best tools for their development throughout the year.
- Community Collaboration: We actively collaborate with all local baseball associations to ensure that our programs align with the needs and aspirations of the community. Together, we aim to elevate the standard of baseball in Victoria.
- Connection to the Victoria HarbourCats: As part of the Victoria HarbourCats organization, we offer young athletes the opportunity to be part of the premier level of baseball available in Victoria, i.e. the West Coast League and the Canadian College Baseball Conference. These connections allow us to access university level training, coaches and opportunities.
Programs and Services
Youth Development Programs for All Ages
At the Edwards Family Training Facility, we are committed to nurturing the baseball talent of tomorrow. Our Youth Development Programs offer comprehensive training for players of all ages and skill levels.
- Young Guns (<8 Years Old): Our Young Guns program is tailored for our youngest baseball enthusiasts, aged 8 and under. We focus on introducing fundamental skills, instilling a love for the game, and fostering teamwork in a fun and supportive environment.
- U9-U11: Players in the U9-U11 age group are at a crucial stage of skill development. Our programs for this age range focus on honing fundamental skills while introducing more advanced techniques. We emphasize the importance of sportsmanship and teamwork.
- U13-U15: As players progress into their teenage years, our U13-U15 program challenges them to refine their skills and deepen their understanding of the game. We offer a more advanced curriculum that includes position-specific training.
- U17-U19: For aspiring high school and college-level players, our U17-U19 program provides intensive training designed to elevate their game. We work on advanced techniques, mental preparation, and game strategy to prepare players for higher levels of competition. We are also committed to helping those who want to progress to the next level, through education and accessing opportunities in Canadian College Baseball or US College Baseball programs.
Fall and Winter Season Programs and Custom Training
All of our programs in the Youth Development program can be tailor made to suit your needs, goals and budgets, from year round training to one-day per week sessions. Custom packages can include, but not be limited to:
- 1, 2, or 3 day per week training;
- Drop-in sessions;
- Private and small group training;
- Pitching and Catching sessions;
- Pitching instruction;
- Hitting Instruction;
- Base running;
- Defensive Instruction - Catching, Infield and Outfield;;
- 1-on-1 Private Coaching
For details and pricing on any of the above or to set up a custom program for your athlete, please contact Doug Strobl at firstname.lastname@example.org.