VICTORIA HARBOURCATS TICKET POLICIES
The Victoria HarbourCats are pleased to be able to provide top-level baseball and family-community entertainment at baseball games and other related events.
1. This is a family event, inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated, and anyone found to be in possession of outside alcohol, drugs or other materials will be removed from the facility. HarbourCats management and City of Victoria staff reserve the right to revoke a ticket at any time, without right of refund or exchange.
2. It is ALWAYS recommended to get your seats early so as not to be disappointed that your favourite seats are not available.
3. All entrants require a ticket to enter the facility for games or related events.
4. All ticket sales are final, no cash refunds. Rain can happen, and we have an exchange policy for unused tickets – both of those are explained below.
5. All tickets come with the following price breakdown – base price, City improvement fee ($0.50/ticket), Ticket Rocket service fees (which vary, depending on purchase being on-line, in-person, or by phone), and GST. Like any business, taxes and service fees are a part of commerce and living in this great country.
6. Season ticket holders receive benefits such as first option of purchasing playoff tickets, the ability to purchase additional tickets, discounts as announced, and other perks.
7. 10-pack purchases grant holder vouchers to use for seats that are AVAILABLE to game of choice, giving flexibility. Note that on expected busier nights, such as opening night, fireworks, Father’s Day, Canada Day and other feature games, the HarbourCats may sell out of premium seats. Subject to availability.
8. Wheelchair seating, and discounts such as youth/seniors pricing are not available through our on-line portable because – sadly – there have been mis-uses by people in those areas. We are glad to offer those discounts – to seniors (65+) and to youth (16 and under) in the office, at the gate, or in phone orders. If a child is a “lapper” and does not require a seat, then the child does not require a ticket (usually under 3).
9. Ticket holders agree to sit in their designated seats only. General admission ticket holders, please do not take up premium seats, which people have paid a premium price to have for their enjoyment.
In the event a game does not make the rules requirement to be a completed game (5 innings, or 4 ½ innings if the home team is winning) due to weather issues beyond the club’s control, the ticket bearer may exchange that ticket for a future regular season game of choice. The ticket will be of equal or lesser value and subject to availability.
Such exchanges will take place in the case of a rain-out or cancellation due to weather. Rain delays, where the game is eventually completed, do not qualify. Rain delays are not uncommon in baseball, and they can at times be lengthy and be more than one in a game.
In the event a weather occurrence happens late in the season, the HarbourCats will announce a way that tickets can be redeemed – future tickets, merchandise, or other plans, and those announcements will determine the exchange. All exchanges must take place at the team’s office.
Rain Policy Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do I do if it is raining before the game?
A: If it is raining before the start of a game, our Grounds Crew has been hard at work protecting the field against the elements. This being the case, if the rain stops before the scheduled game start time, the game will continue as planned. If the rain continues into the scheduled game time, team management will invoke a rain delay. We will update the front of our website to keep you informed as to the status of that day’s game. Our field is outstanding at fending off concerns about too much moisture.
Q: What do I do if it begins to rain during the game?
A: If it begins to rain during the game, our Grounds Crew will quickly place a large tarp across the infield. At this time, our staff will work with the umpires, along with local weather outlets, to ascertain the immediate weather outlook. If the teams feel that the inclement weather will pass, a rain delay is put into effect. If it is determined that the inclement weather will not pass in a reasonable amount of time, an official rainout is declared. We will update the front of our website to keep you informed as to the status of that day’s game.
If a rainout is declared after four and a half innings of baseball have been played, a game is considered “official.” In this case, there will be no ticket exchanges.
Under no circumstance will:
**Past season unused tickets be able to be exchanged for a future-season game ticket
**Regular season tickets be allowed to be exchanged for a playoff ticket
**Lower-tier tickets be able to be exchanged, without an upgrade fee, for higher-level seating
Tickets ordered on-line or by phone for the WILL CALL window, which go unclaimed, will not be eligible for future exchange.
Fans may exchange unused tickets for other tickets of same seating level (not cash value), or upgrade to a better level of seat, following the exchange policy rules.
Since inception in 2013, the HarbourCats have been very generous for years with being open on ticket exchanges involving unused tickets, but the increase in fan involvement/attendance has put a strain on the resources for not just exchanges, but also redemption of the popular “10-pack” ticket packages. For the 2017 season, selected dates will be designated as “unused ticket exchange dates” and those dates will be published and promoted.
*Exception – Season Ticket Holders may exchange their tickets at any time, another benefit of being one of our valued season ticket holders (private or corporate).
Initial offering of playoff packages will be made to season ticket holders, and will be in multi-game packs. Season ticket holders will also hold the benefit of purchasing additional seats before they become available to the general public.
Following season ticket holder time-frame on tickets, multi-game packs will be made available to the general public. After that period, single-game seats will then go on sale to the general public
In the case where a purchased playoff game DOES NOT take place (due to series ending early), the following process is in place for redemption on those unused tickets:
1. Credit applied against next-year season ticket, until Sept. 30 of current year
2. Credit applied against next-year 10-pack, until Sept. 30 of current year
3. Applied against merchandise purchase, until Dec. 31 of current year
4. Applied against opening day ticket for following year, until Dec. 31 of current year